Monday, November 17, 2008

Growing Up Fast

Well, we took a big step this weekend and allowed Alexa to go play outside by herself. Although it is liberating, it's also pretty scary. Yesterday, I was watching the kids for awhile and Alexa did not look before crossing the street one time! We live in a gated community and the traffic is pretty light, but there are just enough young drivers to make me nervous.

So, today I went out just to watch and apparently Alexa has learned her lesson. She was going back across the street with her friend and I noticed they were just standing at the end of the driveway with no cars in sight. I asked what they were waiting for and Alexa pointed and said "that car to go by." I looked and there was a car waiting behind the gate, which is at least 200 feet away. I thanked her for being careful and said it was okay to cross when no MOVING cars are coming. I'm a little less nervous now...

No comments: